Wednesday, December 4, 2013

How to Build a Winter Coat Collection



I've got a lovely collection of winter coats.  Secret is that I began this collection about ten years ago...


Roughly every other year or so, I'll invest in a quality piece--one that's timeless--not trendy.  And...I always wait until later in the winter to buy my coats.  This means I never pay full price for my purchases. In fact, they are generally on clearance (smile).


The coat I'm sporting in these pics is one of my favorites.  It's cashmere and nearly eight years old! I wish you could see the detail on the buttons (they have anchors etched onto them!).

Although I don't plan on doing so this year, there are two more coats I'd love to add to my collection--in time:
  • a vintage faux leopard fur (a longer version than the one I have now); and
  • a camel colored cashmere coat.


Coat: L.L. Bean
Beret: Consigned
Sweater: Ralph Lauren
Chambray: Chaps Ralph Lauren
Slacks: Evan Picone
Gloves: Target
Handbag: Marc Jacobs
Sunnies: Helix via Kohl's
Boots: Nine West


Do you also have a winter coat collection?  Share the deets (as well as your tips for collection building)!

Joy and hugs, T.